cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX70 HS Won't Turn On

Jamesmhardy
Apprentice

Suddenly, my power shot sx70 has stopped working. I have fully charged the battery but the camera will not turn on. Iwas using it yesterday and if froze. I coukd not even get the lense to retract.

Thoughts or solutions?

5 REPLIES 5

normadel
Authority
Authority

A battery can  die such that it looks like it fully charged but doesn't work. Do you have another battery? There are less-expensive alternatives to a genuine Canon if you want to buy one to test the camera.

glaugh
Apprentice

I've tried 4 different batteries and have had no luck getting mine to turn on either.

Magnussheep
Apprentice

I have a similar problem with my new SX70 HS, did you manage to resolve yours at all and if you did do you remember how?

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

I would recommend that if you are in the US, you call 1-800-OK-Canon and have a chat with a tech support person.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

sharonsiegel
Apprentice

As per a tip here, I changed the battery and it is now working.  

Announcements