cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX540 HS can no longer transfer images to my desktop

krystalm
Contributor

Hello--About a year ago I bought this version of Canon camera to replace a really old one, and it's been doing great! But recently it has been refusing to recognize my desktop access point. It searches and searches, finally says "device not found." Prior to this new development, everything was fine, no problems uploading my photos to my desktop. Now, everything has changed. I've had to resort to uploading to Google Drive which I do not like, because the interface is clunky and in order to conveniently get hold of my photos for editing in graphic software, I had to select them all and download as a Zip file. And Google Drive has been freaking out because it only gives 15 Gb of free space.

Can someone please help? This makes no sense!

Thank you-

krystalm

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

In order to help you better, what operating system are you using?

It may ultimately be easier to use a card reader (perhaps your computer has a built-in card reader?).  You can also purchase an SD card reader to then connect to your computer.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Windows 10, very recent Dell tower, nice gaming computer although this is not for gaming but serious art... Smiley Very Happy

As I recall I was using Image Gateway according to the manual that comes with the camera. Everything was spiffy for a while until this strange new development...

Announcements