cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imagebrowser ex for canon

dkhi
Apprentice

It was installed on windows 8 operating system and that i need to install silverlight for it to work it is version 1.2.1. The image browser ex loads to 80% and says that i need to verify siverlight is installed, and it is. I uninstalled everything and installed siverlight first and then the imagebrowser ex and it worked once and now it doe not., and is doing what it did before which is going to 80% and stopping and telling me to verify silverlight. How do you fix this and why do i need silverlight other than now the imagebrowser requires it. I did not need this on windows 7 before i changed to windows 8

5 REPLIES 5

Tim
Authority

Hi dkhi,

We are sorry to hear that you are having so much difficulty with Image Browser.  What we would suggest trying is to install Image Browser EX 1.1.0 from the Canon web site.  After you install the version 1.1.0 from the web site then let Auto Update try and update it.  If you still can't, then uninstall the utilities again and perform a complete re-installation. 

If you need to get in touch with us right away, please use the Contact Us section on our web site.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Canon The Image Browser EX install on Windows 8 is a frustrating affair due to the software's dependency on Silverlight. I have tried various combinations based on the Google Search, but none of those suggestions solved my problems. Here is what I tried so far spending more than 36 hours (not to mention the painful interfaces of Windows 8!) 1. Cleared Internet Explorer cache (all of them) 2. Uninstalled and installed Silverlight using FixIt 3. Uninstalled and installed the entire Canon software suite (browser, DPP, etc.) numerous times 4. Reverted the Image Browser version to 1.1.x 5. Tried to install the software under a new Windows user name None of the helped me to solve the Image Browser problem, as the software balks on Silverlight at 80% of the initialization process. You may want to end the Silverlight dependency of the Browser software, as such dependencies create frustration, especially in regards to finding out the source of the problem. If you have any suggestions to resolve my problem, I would be appreciative; if this doesn't resolve anything, I may have to share this with other forums, to let them know that there is no solution in sight (yet)... Thanks

If it's any consolation, I've experienced exactly the same issue on Windows7. I'm disgusted with the quality of this software - I've not seen issues like this with loading s/ware since the 90s (excepting, interestingly enough, the last time I purchased a Canon camera!!!!!).

Canon make great cameras and other equipment, but their software lets the product down big time. Shame.

Anyway, after hours of trawling round the internet I discovered a post suggesting that by resetting Internet Explorer settings to "factory" it worked. I tried this - go into IE, select "tools", "Internet Options", "Advanced", "reset" (at the bottom of the window). This worked for me very temporarily - Image Browser loaded succesfully and worked - BUT within 30 seconds my mouse and keyboard stopped functioning! I therefore had to roll the computer back to an earlier setting using Recovery Manager (F8 on starting the computer). You have been warned.

I've given up trying to load ImageBrowser - it's not worth the effort (I've already wasted a lot  more money in terms of lost earnings trying to get this working than I spent on the entire camera setup!). - I'll use non-Canon software for the task.

Good luck to anyone else......

I have the same problem with Windows 7.  ImageBrowser will NOT work.  I'm discussed with Canon.

It works fine on Windows 8.1 toshiba laptop.

Thanks for the responses I actually loaded the old disc that came with the camera and it worked on Windows 8, so problem solved

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements