cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon SureShot SX160 16.0 MP digital camera.

DMG
Contributor

I have a SureShot SX160 16.0 digital camera.  I accidently moved images from the camera's memory card to my pc.  I meant to only copy them.  Can I move back the images from my pc to the camera's member card?

10 REPLIES 10

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Normally what a person would do is unload the images (copy the images off the card and onto the computer) and then empty the card either by erasing all images or just reformatting the card.  That way you have lots of space to go shoot more images.

When you format the card, the camera will create a few folders that it likes to have for organization reasons -- so a freshly formatted card wont technically be empty... it wont have images, but it will have a few folders.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

thanks, but what i am asking if the images i removed can be moved back to the memory card in the camera?

DMG
Contributor

accidently removed images from Canon Sureshot memory card to my pc.

can I move them back from pc to the memory card?

As in, you still have the images but they're on the PC now?  Sure, you can just copy them back.  Personally I'd recommend leaving a copy on the PC as backup (and backing up your PC if they're important images). 

If you've accidently deleted the images then make sure not to do anything with the card.  Don't take images, don't transfer anything to the card.  Go get a SD card recovery program.

so you say I can copy/moe images back to the camera from pc?

so you say I can still move/copy images back to the camera?

DMG
Contributor

can I move images back from pc to the camera's memory card after accidentally moving them to pc?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

(A response to each of your 3 posts above, and only one was really necessary since asking multiple times usually won't get a faster response.)  Copy the files back to the card.  I don't know if you can do this using the specialized camera downloading software such as Canon provides.  That's probably only intended for one direction.  I have a separate card reader with my computer.  If I take my card out of my camera and put it in the reader, the card appears as any removable drive would on my computer and I can drag files to it, then stick it back into the camera.

Powershots: A80, SD1300is, SX280 (returned)
Announcements