cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enter owners name on a Power Shot S5 IS camera?

dsquire
Apprentice

Hi

I have recently purchased a Power Shot S5 IS camera. I would like to know how I go about entering my name into the camera so that it EXIF information lists my name as the "Owner Name". At present that information is blank.

Any help that can be provided will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers 🙂

Don .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Connect your camera via USB, power it up, and launch "Camera Window" 

In the upper-right corner there's an icon which resembles a gear (just left of the "?" icon in the extreme upper right corner).  Click it.  This opens the preferences window.

There are three icons across the top of the preferences window.  The third icon is labeled "Camera".  Click the camer icon.

There are two tabs on this screen.  They are labeled "Information" and "Set".  Click the tab labled "Set".

The top box on this page is for the "Owner's Name".  There is an "Edit" button to the right.  Clicking the "Edit" button makes the field editable.

Type in your name.

Press the "Set" button (previous this button said "Edit") to save your changes.

There is also a box for "Author" and "Copyright Info" -- you can set messages in these boxes as well as they'll become part of the image EXIF data.

Press the "Ok" button (bottom right corner) to save and dismiss the window.

Back on the main window for the "CameraWindow" utility a banner across the top will list the camera model, firmware version, and owners name.  You should see your name listed in there. 

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GaryS
Enthusiast
With Canon Camera Window. It's on the disc you got with your camera.

Hi GaryS

Thanks for the reply.

I have looked on the disk but am unable to find anything that will allow me to enter the owners name so that it will show up on the EXIF info which is a part of each photo.. Could you please explain to me what I should be doing to find it in the Canon Camera Window. Thanks.

Cheers :smileyhappy:

Don

Connect your camera via USB, power it up, and launch "Camera Window" 

In the upper-right corner there's an icon which resembles a gear (just left of the "?" icon in the extreme upper right corner).  Click it.  This opens the preferences window.

There are three icons across the top of the preferences window.  The third icon is labeled "Camera".  Click the camer icon.

There are two tabs on this screen.  They are labeled "Information" and "Set".  Click the tab labled "Set".

The top box on this page is for the "Owner's Name".  There is an "Edit" button to the right.  Clicking the "Edit" button makes the field editable.

Type in your name.

Press the "Set" button (previous this button said "Edit") to save your changes.

There is also a box for "Author" and "Copyright Info" -- you can set messages in these boxes as well as they'll become part of the image EXIF data.

Press the "Ok" button (bottom right corner) to save and dismiss the window.

Back on the main window for the "CameraWindow" utility a banner across the top will list the camera model, firmware version, and owners name.  You should see your name listed in there. 

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Tim

Thank you very much for your quick and helpful reply. I now have my name set in the camera and any photo's that I may take. It wasn't quite as you described it but close enough that I figured it out once I got close. This camera is turning out to be a big improvement from my Power Shot A85. Thanks again

Cheers 🙂

Don

Announcements