cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G15 Used in Archives to copy documents and old log books

mn
Apprentice

I'm looking for someone who has experience using the G15 to copy archive documents. I have the parts for the stand to hold the camera and the lights. What I can't figure out is how to set the camera.  On another forum, one respondent reports: "I quickly read about the 'circle of confusion', increased the aperture, had the camera automatically choose shutter speed from the aperture settings, added high contrast, and the pages are now coming out perfectly!" There's some missing information here. Is he shooting in Macro (don't think so)? Aperture set to avoid COC and setting will depend on light source, I'm guessing. But are there other tips/tricks from those WHO HAVE EXPERIENCE USING THE G15 TO COPY OLD DOCUMENTS? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi mn!

Thanks for posting.

From the looks of it, you have the necessary equipment to accomplish this.  There is nothing specific that will work every time, so getting the right setup on your end is more a matter of trial and error.  What I do recommend you do is set the camera to the Manual mode, set a Custom White Balance, then set the shutter speed, aperture and ISO speed manually to make sure each document looks exactly as it should in each of the images.  You will need to experiment with different shutter speeds, apertures and ISO speeds to determine what works best for your specific setup and each document.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mike: Thanks. Those are the things I needed to know to check. I think white balance, in particular, is important. Appreciate the check list.

Announcements