cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Voltage PowerShot ELPH 360

EmmaP
Apprentice

I'm currently abroad in Austria and I left my camera charger at home. I was thinking of buying a European-type charger, since I will be here a while. But, I am not sure if this will fry my battery. Are Canon batteries dual voltage? I just want to make sure I won't need a converter! 

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

If you purchase a Canon charger, you should see that they work worldwide. You should also see that the output of the battery charger should meet the input requirements of the battery. Since we're a global brand, we don't make the batteries different for other regions; only the plugs are different! 😊

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Emma - Welcome to the forum and also 'down under'!

Canon chargers come either with a socket for a two-wire cable for the local region, in which case you simply change the cable that you buy in Oz for a US one when you get home, or they will have the two-prong configuration to directly plug into an outlet for the region in which  you purchase the charger.  In that case, when you get back home, you can just use a basic adapter to change the pin angle.
As the respected moderator Stephen noted, Canon chargers will otherwise work on any international voltage and still render the correct charging rate to the batteries you put on them.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements