cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canonet QL19 Rescue!

pozitivebrown
Apprentice

Good morning and Happy Holidays!

Can anyone help me with any repair recommendations for a Canonet Q19? I bought this classic about 15-16 months ago which has a problem with the battery compartment and holding a charge. In northern Virginia, where I was living before moving to Brooklyn (NY) I had a difficult time finding a shop equipped to work on it. Now that I am in NYC, does anyone have knowledge of a decent Canon repair person in my area (11226) that can help me? Or is this a lost cause?

IMG_9762.jpegIMG_9763.jpegIMG_9764.jpegIMG_9761.jpegThank you in advance for your assistance with this!

3 REPLIES 3

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Unfortunately B&H Photo in NYC doesn't provide repair service. But they do offer a list of camera repair shops in the NYC area. I can't offer any experience, good or bad, in dealing with any of the listed repair shops.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/photography/features/last-of-the-new-york-and-elsewhere-camera-...

I've seen a few QL17s over the years but never a QL19. Do you have any idea of the differences between the two models?

The QL17 has a 45mm f/1.7 lens and the QL19 has a 45mm f/1.9 lens. 

The are both available on eBay, at reasonable prices, that are probably cheaper than a repair. 

A8FA7059-34F6-4332-AF2E-E8D52AADBE24.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Mike's recommendation might be the best.  

You can check with midwestcamera dot com as well.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements