cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Powershot SD1100 IS

wellnessyoga
Apprentice

I have a Canon Powershot SD1100 IS. This is my second one. The first one got stolen.  I liked the quality of pictures I got with my 1st one, so I replaced it with an identical one. But the picture quality of my second camera is not as good, I don't understand why. I expected it to be the same!

All pictures without exception have a weak color, they look somewhat pale,  so that I have to use a photo editor on each and every picture. A real pain if I took several 100 pictures on a holiday ! Even then, the outcome is often not great, just acceptable.

In comparison, I have an old HP PHotosmart R717 camera. I have taken pictures of the same scene with both cameras. Inevitably I find  the color saturation of the HP camera stronger and nicer than of the canon SD1100 IS. When I compared my 1st Canon SD1100 with the HP R717, the HP was perhaps marginally better, but not a big difference. But there is quite a difference now with the 2nd Canon SD1100IS.

I usually use the automatic setting as I tend to take pictures without my glasses, and I can't read the fine prints.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Davy
Rising Star

Check the camera menu for colour settings, on some cameras you can adjust the colour saturation. I'm not too sure the settings on a SD1100 IS.

Dave

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements