cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera battery not charging

Kenay
Apprentice

I would love help or advice ASAP. I am borrowing my brothers camera which he said he was having a difficult time getting it to charge. It is the canon ds126441 and it used to charge using this battery and its battery charger. It is a BM Premium battery and a InstaSense Digipower charger. When I plug it into an outlet, it flashes red and green for a couple seconds then shuts off and doesn’t charge. I tried to contact the support team but the message said that they are closed. Thank you!!!  

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum:
Can I get you just to confirm that this is a Canon Rebel SL1 please?
Canon do not offer any support for 3rd-party gear, which applies to both battery and charger you identify.  Without precise information on the specs of the battery it is impossible to identify the issue, but it could be the wrong voltage battery is plugged in.
Assuming this IS an SL1, then you should use the correct batteries:
Preferable the original Canon LP-E12 battery, or one from a reputable 3rd-party supplier, such as SmallRig or Kingma.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements