cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A4000IS- shooting modes

laurieneese
Apprentice

my A4000IS will not display more than two shooting modes when the up arrow button is pressed repeatedly per the instruction manual (page 68).  it worked when i first purchased it about a year ago.  anyone else have this issue?  internal computer problem?  

2 REPLIES 2

smack53
Mentor

Laurieneese,

What mode is the camera in when you are trying to display the shooting modes? You mention that you are using the up arrow, the manual mentions the left/right arrows. Have you tried the return to previous menu arrow in the upper right corner to make sure you are at the main menu level? Have you tried to do a reset of the camera to the factory defaults to see if that helps?

Steve.

my manual says nothing about left/right arrows, although i realize you have to use them once you get into the individual modes.  like i said, it was working when i first got the camera, because i practiced in all the modes (portrait, low light, etc.)  i really think the software has a glitsch....but i am going to try to reset to factory standard, maybe it will clear the lock-up.  i use a lot of computer programs in my work and am pretty good at reading and following manuals...i like the quality of the camera's photos but am not happy with the software and user interface....doesn't seem intuitive to me.  thanks for your response.

Announcements