I have an ImageClass MF743Cdw. When trying to scan to email it always reports Error 753. Below is what I have tried so far
* I have read every post I can find on how to properly configure the scan to email function
* I have reset the printer multiple times (Menu/Management/Initialize All Data..)
* I have tried Wireless configuration
* I have tried Wired configuration
* I am using Gmail, configured with App password, tried both ports 465 & 587. Same error 753
* I have powered down the printer for 10 minutes at a time through each step
* I can access remote UI, scan from PC app, print from PC app
* I have verified that I can send through gmail (router has ability to send email notification and I have configured gmail smtp & able to send successfully)
I am at a loss. Is there a reset procedure I am missing?
Error 753 indicates the intended connection type is not configured properly.
Bay Area - CA
~R5 C (126.96.36.199) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~Pixel6 ~CarePaks Are Worth It
I have the exact same problem and have tried a hundred combinations, resets and what have you. This product's software design is cumbersome and poorly thought out.
EDIT: after multiple failures I realized that error #753 given by the device was completely unrelated to the issue which I've fixed by playing with SMTP server configuration.
09/26/2023: New firmware updates are available.
08/18/2023: Canon EOS R5 C training series is released.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.