cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF654Cdw Won't Print PDF's Without a Reboot

dbleyl
Contributor

I just purchased a MF654Cdw in May.

The problem I'm having is with printing of pdfs.
On occasion when I go to print a pdf the item will not print. The queue states printer error.
I delete the item in the queue and reboot the printer. Then the item will print.
It does not happen all the time.

Please advise, Doug
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dbleyl
Contributor

The problem has resolved it self by me clicking on OK on message "IPV address has changed"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Doug,

Can I request some information from you please?

What operating system are you using the printer with?

Did you install Canon drivers for the printer?

What App or program are you printing from?  browser, Acrobat.  

Are you printing files that are stored locally on your device, or are they cloud based?

How is the printer connected and to what.  Ethernet, USB, Wireless?

Is there any common item..  always happens when I do this, etc?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you Rick getting back to me.

The following are answers to your questions

Windows 11

Canon drivers are installed

My browser is Chrome and I have Acrobat on my system.

It only happens when I download or try to print from internet. I download the item to my downloads. I then  open and try to print. 

The printer is hooked up wireless to both of my laptops.

The only common item that does only documents from the internet and it is hit or miss.

Doug

The problem just happen again when print off the internet.

I turn the printer off and restarted. The item then printed.

When I turn on the printer it booted up. I got a notice regarding IP address. Could this be the problem as we use the printer for printing from two different laptops? 

Doug 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Above you indicated the printer is connected to wireless and is being used with 2 laptops.

Does this mean its connected to a wireless router or access point, and the laptops are also connected to the same wireless network?

Tell me more about the message or error you received at boot time?  "I got a notice regarding IP address"

What notice or error did you receive please?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The router is the one we use for our Spectrum services and it is plugged into the wall.

I went on the printer status monitor and looked at network. It shows Wireless LAN and Direct connect is in the off status. I did a test by printing from wife's laptop and then printing from the internet from my laptop and it worked. As I stated before it is hit or miss.

Doug

The problem happen again. When I tried to print a payment receipt from my credit card.

I rebooted the printer. The message I got from the printer IPV address has been changed. I hit OK and the document printed. 

Have you found anything to help me out. Doug

dbleyl
Contributor

The problem has resolved it self by me clicking on OK on message "IPV address has changed"

Announcements