cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF644Cdw won't scan, won't recognize third-party toner cartridge

vjonsun
Apprentice

Ughhhhh, just when I have another deadline,  here comes another Canon ImageCLASS Printer problem, and I still haven't retried to determine why I can't scan.  Error says I must connect to the printer.   SMH, I am already connected to the printer and printing documents.  at least I was printing 2 hours ago, before my black Toner ran out, and I have a third party toner cartridge,  due to its cheaper price, and now it says, I need a Canon original toner for replacement.   

2 REPLIES 2

Britteny
Enthusiast

Thanks for joining the conversation, vjonsun!

Thanks for posting on our forum! We're sorry to hear the issues. This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems. We can not guarantee third-party ink, we always recommend using Canon genuine ink. If this is a time-sensitive matter, Call our imageCLASS Tech Support at (1-800-652-2666 Mon-Fri 9a-8pEST) or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is a 4 yr old thread.  If you'd like more assistance, please start a new thread.  This ensures your issue receives the visibility it deserves.  You'll need to include the model of your canon product, any troubleshooting steps you've performed, yours OS (version and build) and how the printer is connected.

For best results, I also recommend Canon Toner.  3rd party inks and toners can be hit or miss.  Please start a new thread.  😃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements