cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 laptop no longer communicates with imageCLASS MF650c printer over wifi

Derrick0
Apprentice

My laptop: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 7000, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB hard drive.

My printer: Canon ImageClass MF650c.

My WiFi: 5G

My computer can no longer print over wifi.  I tried reinstalling, but the installer no longer detects the printer.  I tried moving the install files to underneath the root C: folder, still cannot detect the printer.  I disabled all Windows Defender firewall rules, and replaced with a rule to allow all incoming and outbound connections regardless.  Still the installer will not detect the printer over the WiFi.  I tried running the installer as the administrator no luck.  I tried inputting the printer's IP address (based on my iPhone app info) but still no luck.

Is there a Canon support phone number I can call?  What are their hours?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer requires a 2.4 GHz broadcast that supports WPA2/AWSencryption.  If you are using a dual or Tri-Band router, you can try temporarily disabling the other broadcasts while you connect to the 2.4Ghz broadcast.  Then re-enable.  Another possible solution is giving each broadcast a unique network name.  Review your network configuration and ensure it meets the printer's requirements.  Canon support is also available by telephone or through the MyCanon portal

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements