Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mac OS 11.1 Big Sur

JeffTBell
Apprentice

I am having a similar problem with a Canon MFP:

imageRUNNER ADVANCE C3525i

Using the latest Big Sur Driver for this MFP (for 11.01) on my recently upgraded system (11.1) does not work and results in this error message:

2020-12-16_16-12-00.png

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@JeffTBell,

Canon does not provide direct suport for its ImageRunner products.  Support for them is provided through their dealer network.  

Drivers for your product (Big Sur) are avaialble:

Support | Multifunction Copiers | imageRUNNER ADVANCE C3525i | Canon USA

For additional support options you'll need to contact your Canon Dealer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Following the link you provided, which was the same link I had used yesterday, there is a package for Big Sur 11.01 but not 11.1 which most everyone is on at this point. The installer for 11.01 will not install on 11.1 as stated on my OP. Is there something further I am missing or not doing correctly?2020-12-17_10-10-07.png

I will try reaching out to our dealer. Do you know if they have access to more updated drivers than are generally available? Thanks for the reply and help!

Kind regards, 

Jeff

I was able to use Pacifist to force the install of the 11.01 drivers and this worked for me. Your mileage may vary, try this at your own risk. Hope this helps someone. 

Were you able to find any updated Big Sur drivers? It's now 11.2. I thought I'd waited long enough to update my Mac, but my imageClass MF4350d all-in-one, of course, gives an error message when attempting to print, even with the latest drivers.

Thanks!!

Announcements