cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing light keeps blinking

ll38ymrn
Apprentice
My ImageClass mf628cw yellow processing light continues blinking after a job is completed. There is no error light. There are no jobs pending at all. The status monitor confirms there are no pending jobs. The only way I can get the light to turn off, is to turn the power off and then back on. While this processing light is blinking, I cannot perform any other jobs. Please help!
5 REPLIES 5

James_C

Hi ll38ymrn 

So that I may better assist you, I will need some more information about your situation.  Do you mind answering a few questions?

(1) How are you connecting the mf628cw to your computer, with a USB cable or via your network?

(2) Does the light stop flashing after resetting your MF628Cw using the steps below?  If not, what exactly is displayed on your printer's LCD screen?

1.  Turn the printer off with the Power button.

2.  Disconnect the data cable from the printer (not applicable to WiFi).

3.  Unplug the printer's power cord for at least ten minutes, and then plug it back in.

Note: If the power cord is plugged into a surge protector, it may be necessary (for testing purposes) to plug the cord directly into the wall outlet if possible.

4.  Turn the printer back on.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ll38ymrn
Apprentice
I am connected via my network. I will try the reset and get back to you. Thank you.

ll38ymrn
Apprentice
It didn’t work. I printed a page, then afterwards the yellow processing light just continues blinking. There are no notifications on the screen, it is just my normal home screen. The only way I can get the processing light to go off is by then turning the machine off then on again.

Sorry this response is so lat but I recently had this problem myself.  I turned off and unplugged the printer.  That did not work. When I turned the printer back on the blinking light started again.  I updated the drivers.  That did not work.  

As it turns out, the blinking light had nothing to do with the printer.  Apparently this issue arose because I have a router with a lower and high speed internet connections.  If one isn't working or slows down we just use the other.  However, my printer is only uses the lower speed connection. This connections was down and not functioning properly.  I overlooked it because the higher speed connection was working.  I simply unplugged the router for a couple of minutes, plugged it back in, and gave it a few minutes to start functioning properly.  The light disappeared and I was able print immediately.  Hope this helps.   

Found out this was my problem as well. Disabled 5G and voila!
Announcements