cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper jam message with ImageClass MF8580Cdw brand new out of the box, can't get rid of it.

nguyensea
Apprentice

This is not a very good first experience with this printer. Now I can't do anything. It must be a faulty operating system in the printer. It doesn't pick up any paper from the tray yet. I tried to open and close all doors and tray, turn it off and on many times but that doesn't help.

Does anyone have any suggestion? I may have to bring it back to the store. 

3 REPLIES 3

John_Ray
Contributor

Hello nguyensea,

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which applications you're trying to print  from and the OS you are usng, along with any  specific print-related error messages that you might be seeing.  That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanonor by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Actually I was just setting it up, up to the step Setting up Wireless LAN. The printer cannot connect to the Wifi. So I tried to make a copy to check the color. And that's when I got the Paper Jam message, even though no paper from the tray has been rolled up. I have not been able to connect to any computer so OS from computer is not relevant.

Was this resolved? I have exact same problem. Not connecting to wifi, paper jam error message during initial setup.

Announcements