cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacOS Scan Drivers

bcsehi
Apprentice

I have two Canon printers installed on my Mac - Image Class MF642cdw and Image Class MF741cdw.  When I load the drivers for the 741 and then try to install them into the MF Utility tool, it shows the "product name" as the 642 and won't let me change itto the 741. How do I get it to see the 741 instead??

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi bcsehi.

If you've installed the MF741Cdw's Scanner Drivers from the Drivers & Downloads page, open the Mac's Printers & Scanners list. Select the Scanners tab at the top, and try also adding the MF741Cdw as a scanner.  When adding it, ensure the driver selected in the Use drop-down is the Canon listing.

You may also need to run the Laser NW Device Setup Utility, from the Software tab, to ensure the printer is being registered for network connectivity.  Also try scanning with the MF Toolbox, which is the second piece of software accompanying the MF741Cdw's scanner driver installation.  Does the MF Toolbox allow you to scan with the MF741Cdw?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements