cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY GX7020 - Black line when using ADF to scan, but No black line when copying with ADF

DrMaven60
Apprentice

I have a Canon GX7020 that I have had for about a year. It has suddenly started producing a black line just off-center on all of my scans when scanning from the ADF, but not the flatbed. However, it also does NOT create a black line on copies made on the ADF.

I would assume that I would get a black line on all copies made with the ADF if I get a black line when scanning with the ADF.

Understand that I have delt with black lines on my Canon scanners before and have always been able to resolve them with the standard advice to clean the ADF scanner glass or use a credit card to scrape it clean. These methods have not worked for this problem.

Another curiosity is that the black line show up on both sides of a double-sided copy. This means when I scan a document with data on both sides of the page, the black line shows up on both scanned pages as well. I would assume there are different scanner areas for the front vs. the back of the document so that the black line would only show  up on the side with a smudge or mark on it.

What could be going on here?

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements