cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon iR1023iF recognized as a 1025 upon install

Steviodaddio
Apprentice

Hey everyone, I'm having a heck of a time installing a iR1023iF onto one of my customer's office computers.  Currently in her office she has a 1025iF and a 1023iF (1023 is her main, 1025 is on her other 2 computers desk) so I'm fairly knowledgable handling the software and installation of these.

I've been a tech for this company for over 10 years, have restored Windows time and time again with no issues and have yet to have run into such a garbage issue that has stumped me to this point. 

Long story short, the 1023iF is not getting recognized by Windows as a 1023if but a 1025 (based on drivers 1020, 1024, 1025 package instead of the 1018,1022, 1023 package).   It prints on the local computer and also on the network computer just fine.   If I go into Device Manager it says there's actually a 1023if installed but also a 1025iF which takes the 1025iF as the default and says there's an error with the 1023 and cannot start (Code 10) under device status.

iR Toolbox is not recognizing there is a device either. The error I receive is "Cannot communicate with scanner. Cable may be disconnected or scanner may be turned off.  Check status.  Scanner driver will be quitted."

Operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit (hasn't changed operating system in years)

Things I've tried that haven't worked

• Installed drivers first then plugged in via USB - new & old from the original CD that came with the multifunction unit or new ones PLC6 or UFRII v14.00 straight from Canon's driver list.
                -With the older set of drivers it typically installs and works right away, with the newer set it asks me to plug in the device upon install which never gets recognized because of Windows thinking it's a 1025 so it continues to search long after Windows takes control.

• Plugged in first and let Windows take control (Immediately starts installing drivers for 1020, 1024 and 1025)

• Changed printer cable

• Manually installed old and new 1018, 1022, 1023 drivers and went to the Window's installed  "iR1020/1024/1025" Properties > Advanced > Driver and changed it over to the installed 1023if drivers

• Tried 1025 drivers, why not? lol

• 4.9.1.1 iR Toolbox program, 4.9 that came on disk (may be the same but tried downloading from Canon anyways)

• Reinstalled Windows, twice, once to even a 64 bit Ultimate of my own.

I'm sure there are more things I've tried, I'm going on my tenth hour working on this and I feel I've exhausted all my options.

Does anyone have anything else I may have missed or know who or where to point me in the right direction to look?

Thanks in advanced,

Stephen

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, Stephen! Thanks for posting!

While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area!

We hope this helps!

Upon printing a User Data List, it appears that the unit thinks it's an IR 1025iF based on the firmware..

Going to have a technician come out and change the firmware.   Just very odd that we've ran this computer for years with no issues with drivers but now it's showing up as a 1025iF.

Announcements