cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Imagerunner Advance C5535i Printing Lots of Pages with Random Characters

efortin
Apprentice

My offices Canon Imagerunner Advance C5535i prints a stack of paper with random characters on each page every week or so. It does it randomly when no one is in the office so it's not when someone tries to print, it does it on its own. When I look at the job details on the printer is has nothing under file name, user name, error code or department ID. It just says Job type: Printer. Please help me figure out how to stop this from happening, it is wasting a lot of paper. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Thanks for posting!

While our Forum Community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you!

If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

As Stephen recommended, I suggest you engage with your dealer for support.  

This is likely caused by improper configuration.

Things you'll want to look at.

Is this device installed on a print server, on a domain

Are the drivers availble for it when a user adds it to their system correct/current

Does someone have it installed on their system and is sharing it

If vendor supported, is page counting or usage software installed somewhere.

Does the printer have webservices enabled / properly configured

I am not asking questions; I'm merely providing possible causes.  

I suspect this will need a dealer, or someone familiar with device configuration as well as IT in your org to identify and resolve the issue.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements