cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ImageCLASS MF642Cdw Duplex Scanning

taharahislam
Apprentice

Hello! Just purchased the Canon ImageCLASS MF642Cdw and am trying to set it up. I'm having trouble figuring out how to scan documents on both sides via the feeder. When going through the settings of my Canon MF Scan Utility, I couldn't find any option for duplex scanning. I was told at Best Buy that this printer does in fact perform duplex scanning. Any help on how I can set this up? Thank you!

Canon MF Scan Utility Settings Screenshot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Unfortunately, BestBuy has given you incorrect information.  The 642CDW does not support duplex scanning in the ADF.  

The 644CDW does.  Deal breaker for sure.  You should have no problem returning for exchange.  You were mis-informed.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Unfortunately, BestBuy has given you incorrect information.  The 642CDW does not support duplex scanning in the ADF.  

The 644CDW does.  Deal breaker for sure.  You should have no problem returning for exchange.  You were mis-informed.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

This is a BUMMER.  It would be EXTREMELY helpful if Canon made the specs of the MF642Cdw easy to find online.  I spent hours online yesterday comparing printers. I eventually narrowed it down to the Canon imageCLASS MF642Cdw and MF644Cdw.  I coudln't find any info on the MF642Cdw on the Canon site, and other sites that compared them only listed the Fax option on the 644 as a difference. I spent another 2 hours today unboxing and getting the MF642 completely set up - only to discover while testing that there was no way to setup duplex scanning, and then confirming - in this forum - that duplex scanning via the ADF isn't supported on the MF642.   

Sorry to vent - but I've lost a half-day so far because of this. Even now, searching the Canon site for MF642Cdw only turns up hits for cartridges, nothing about the printer. I'm not a happy customer right now. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements