cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wide Angle - Discussion / Advice (for canon efs 10-18mm lens)

Mike41
Apprentice

Hi all, 

I have a canon t5i. I purchased the canon EFS 10-18mm wide angle lens and have been very pleased with it. I am however looking for an even wider angle.

I understand this camera not being full frame will limit the field of view. So I am looking for the simplest solution to expand this wide angle further.

Does anyone have experience with a wide angle attachment lens that would work as an add on to this existing 10-18mm lens? One of those .43 or .35 etc attachment lenses. Trouble is most of them appear to be designed for not already wide angle lenses.. i think? not sure... 

I am looking for full photo without the circular fisheye effect. As in I want to capture the full frame of the image without it becoming a circle. 

Does anyone know of an attachment that will work?

or 

worst case to have to buy another lens that works with this cameras auto focus that has a wider angle? 

Thank you for your thoughtfull advice!

10 REPLIES 10

Mitsubishiman
Rising Star
There is an option available to you if in fact you are looking for wider angle photography in "still" shots, like landscape photos, tripod and panning your shot and then combining them, light room has "photo merge" to create panoramic photos, start with 3 in either portrait or landscape orientation and see if this is what you are looking for, if you are hoping for wide angle, this is an option.
Announcements