cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photo booth

enriquesroman
Apprentice

Hi guys! We are developing a photo booth, but we want to preview the photo we are going to take and we want to display on a web page. Do you know a model of camera that support that?

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It is unclear just what you are trying to do, but EOS Utility on the PC/Mac will let you do that with DSLR's, there is probably an equivalent for PowerShots.

hi kvbarkley, what we want to do is a web application, with a screen in wich the people, who is going to take the photo, will see a preview of what the camera is taken.

I'm not a native english speaker, feel free to correct me, i'm learing english so it would help me a lot.

Hi enriquesroman!

I wouldn't normally enter a conversation like this, however, I wanted to let you know that many people have used Canon Digital SLR cameras for photo booths! What you'll need to develop your own softwareis the Canon Software Developer's Kit or SDK. That will give you full access to the camera via the software you're developing.

Each region of Canon has their own SDK and maintains their SDK, so you'll want to get in touch with Canon in your area to get access to the SDK will work for your camera so that you'll be able to develop the software that will work in your situation.

Head to www.canon.com and select your country or region. Once you're on the page for your country or region, you'll see options for support from there. 

We hope this helps!

Hi Stephen, I will do it. 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The simplest solution just may be to use a web cam, one capable of HD video.  Forget about a DSLR altogether, at least for now. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi 

@enriquesroman wrote:

Hi 

If I were writing such an application, I would create a wrapper for a virtual camera, instead of writing against a specific one.  I have never programmed a web camera before, but no doubt that it has most of the methods and properties that you need to create a web application. 

Once you get that working the way you wish with a standard web cam, it should not be too difficult to cast another camera type to fit you application.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements