cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Triumphs and Tragedies of Lee Miller

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

About now, a film will be coming to movie theatres around the globe, the biopic LEE: the story of the extraordinary Lee Miller - creative, supermodel, surrealist photographer, portraitist and then - war photographer and correspondent in WWII.   She was an embodiment of the concept of the 'new woman', who would not stand to let her talent and creativity be stifled, she lived without compromise and broke through many barriers.  However, she paid a heavy price for that. 

For anyone interested in photography, history, society and the changing role of women, this is a must-see movie.  I have followed Lee Miller with enthusiasm and deep respect through the books and videos of her life - and she led multiple lives, far more than this film will address.  It is also socially relevant in terms of the me too movement, and the realization that PTSD is a legacy that many of us who have served will suffer from for the rest of their lives.

If you want to read of her life, I enclose a link to an article I wrote: 
The Triumphs and Tragedies of Lee Miller  along with the video on the film by Winslet:

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements