cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft edges/blurred photos

Que7
Apprentice

I shoot on a 5d and at times I'll get part blurred image of a body, flowers, etc..., it happens outside but mostly indoors.

I use a 580 II flash and shutter speed is 60-80.

Dose any one else have or had this problem and if so what have you done to correct it?

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

You can shoot at either 1/200 or 1/250 with the flash on that body (check your manual to verify which) so unless you're trying to light a large area (deep room) why shoot at such a slow shutter speed?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Que7
Apprentice

Sorry I should've added that I'm from the time of film, dark rooms, chemicals, and have logged in many hours behind the camera and in the dark room. To some of you these things are unknown.  So I've been shoot in the digtial age for about 6-7 yrs and there still alot of differences that I'm finding.

Thank you for your help, but rest a sure I didnt buy my way here!

I'm also from the film days & had my own darkroom too & the line under my regular messages is a generalization & not directed at you. One other thing besides the shutter speed might be that you're just a tiny bit closer than the minimum focal distance. A faster sync speed & maybe shoot from a bit further back until you solve which might be the problem.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements