cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner CanoScan LiDE110 and Apple OS X Mavericks 10.9

havmir53
Apprentice

Compatibility Question.

I am hung up on ordering a new CanoScan LiDE110 to replace my ancient LIDE 35.  Cannon does not provide drivers for the LIDE 35 that are compatible with my new OS.  I am currently using a work around utility, but it makes no sense to have $3500 MACBook Pro that can't acess and drive a scanner!  I only need rudimentary flatbed scanning and don't want to buy more than I need.

I need to be certain the Canon Driver and Scanner Software are compatible with OS X 10.9 Mavericks.  I am aware Canon has downloads that say they are compatible with Mavericks - but the CanoScan LiDE110 does not ship with them and tech information does not specifically say that it has 64 bit drivers and software - so, please don't tell me Cannon provides it ... I know that ... what I want to know is if anyone is actually running a CanoScan LiDE110 using OS X Mavericks using the Canon downloads for that OS.

Has anyone out there had "direct" hands on experience with CanoScan LiDE110 running on a MAC with OS X 10.9 Mavericks?  Does the driver work?  Does the supplemental scanning software work?  Do the front panel quick buttons on the scanner work when driven by the MAC with OS X 10.9?  

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements