Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with new " P23-DH V" Calculator

anken32
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm glad to have found  this forum.

My problem is with my new Canon Calculator and  I haven't found anything on this subject.

I hope that someone can give me some help. 

Everything is working well with the P23-DH Calculator but I just can't figure out how to do an subtraction and come up with the right answer. 

This is probably way too basic to even address for most people but I just can't seem to do it.....

I have the decimals set to +(the choice is +/0/2/3/F) and I have tried all of them....Anyway, I can add, multiply and divide with this unit but when I  tap the red minus key to subtract a number  nothing happens and when I tap the equal key, the result is all wrong.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I will appreciate any suggestions my might have. Thanks in advance, Ann

6 REPLIES 6

anken32
Apprentice

Hi, I just wanted to add.....Have done some searches online and found that maybe.....this calculator is the "RPN" type?  The box didn't indicate it....

I wonder if it is" RPN " if there is a way to switch over to the "algebraic" type.

Have had my little Canon handheld printing calculator for a number of years, loved it but it finally wore out. Now that I have a bigger desk, I went for the larger Canon and can't figure it out..... Very frustrating!  The manual doesn't make it clear to me....

I'm hoping that somebody has this type of calculator and can help.....

Just a quick update...

Problem solved.  Found that I had to tap the minus key AFTER entering the numbers. I sure feel silly....

Havent' had any problem with all of the other settings. On my  other Canon I had to tap the number first and then the minus key.

Anyway, I'm happy with this unit now.....

Glad you figured it out! Smiley Happy

How funny that the subtraction is RPN but the other functions work normally!  I'm sure there's probably a reason math/finance people want it this way, but I can't think of why. 

Thank you for writing, jfo. I appreciate it.

Hello, thank you for posting this question, and the answer!  I just got one and struggled just as you did.  Thanks to you, I can subtract now!    

tater
Apprentice

Mine will print a minus sigh but with not a number beside it. hit the equal button, total will be on the screen but it doesn't print or anything. what will make it all work?

Announcements