cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Equivalent” of a6600/700?

mokocub1
Apprentice

Hello, I was investigating buying my first camera and decided with Sony because of its lens affordability and flexibility. However, I have now decided I would be willing to buy Canon if I see a good used deal in my area. What would be a similar camera to the a6600/700? I want to use it for pictures only. I heard recently Canon started opening up to third party, so would this equivalent have more affordable lens in the future too? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum:
It is impossible for us to predict with any confidence what Canon will do in the future, but it seems like their engagement with 3rd-party vendors is limited to APS-C cameras.

Much depends on what kinds of subjects you want to photograph, under what conditions.  Canon do not make a camera with a BSI/Stacked sensor in the APS-C, but there are benefits to this as those units have less dynamic range and ISO performance - so much depends on what you need the camera to do.

So, to give you the best advice for you, please advise the following:
A $value budget for body and lens
What kinds of subjects do you wish to photograph?
What do you intend to produce: social media, digital display, small-medium prints, or very large prints. 

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements