cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dull winter

AndyZehner
Apprentice

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for staying interested in photography during the dull, grey months of winter? I've seen wrebsites that claim to address this topic, but all they say is to wait until a sunny day or a chance shqaft of light breaks through the clouds.

I live in rural Indiana and everywhere you look is the same overcast skies, the same flat dull light, the same bare trees. 

All the training in photography I've ever had leads me to think, "Leave the camera in the bag. There's nothing worth a picture around here."

11 REPLIES 11

falconfirsit
Contributor

A longtime acquaintance is a photographer by profession, and I recently decided to book a photoshoot with him. He suggested that I take a photo against the background of a winter forest. Still, I decided that I could convey the winter feel differently. I decided to take the photo at home, in a room with dim light in front of a window with a winter forest behind it. The plan is for me to sit in front of a radiator outlet, which would give the photo an aesthetic. In the end, the photo turned out great.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Winter and/or off months are great times to learn how to post edit your images. A crash course in Photoshop for instance.

A difficult shot but made easy with PS if you know how.

222.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements