cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 60D image review is reversed

Electrician
Apprentice

My 60D just started reversing its image review this weekend! The image is saved fine and is correct in the preview but immediately after taking the picture, the image review is reversed left to right. It still works but that is pretty annoying when I'm shooting. Anybody else seen this? Is there a fix?

4 REPLIES 4

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Many Canon cameras with flip out screens have an option to reverse the image on the screen when you have it flipped out so you can view it properly from the front.  The 60D doesn't seem to have this option and instead does it automatically. This is covered on page 27 of your 60D manual.

Is the image reversed all the time or just when it is flipped out all the way?

Your camera may have a faulty "reverse" sensor if it is doing it all the time. 

60D.jpg

Mike Sowsun

The image review is always reveresed on a vertical axis (L-R) during review, I rarely flip out the screen. The tilt-screen flips the image both horizontally and vertically, I can think of no situation where the image would be reversed only on the vertical.

Stuwe3000
Apprentice
Hi did you ever fix this issue. Mine is reversed when in live view.

Hi there,

It sound like the gyroscope in the camera may be malfunctioning and leading teh camear to believe the screen is rotated. One thing you may try to resolve this is leaving the camera's power switch in the ON position, removing the camera battery, hold the shutter button down for about three minutes continuously, then move the power switch to OFF, reinsert the battery and power the camera back on. This should do a hard reset on the camera and hopefully clear the gyroscope information.

Announcements