cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Get EOS Webcam Utility Pro to Work with my EOS Rebel T7?

Tortue
Apprentice

Hi all, 
I bought a Canon EOS Rebel T7, and I've been trying to use it as a webcam. I downloaded the EOS Webcam Utility Pro on my Window 10, connect the camera to my PC and everything, all I get is a black screen in the middle of which is written in white capital letters "EOS WEBCAM UTILITY". What should I do? How to make it work? Please advise. Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It sounds like you have the subscription version.  Have you signed up for a subscription, yet?

https://www.usa.canon.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility 

Download and installation instructions should be at the above link.  There is a link to a “Getting Started Guide”, which tells you how to get started using it.  It is essential that you carefully follow all the instructions.

TROUBLESHOOTING: We need to make sure your cable is good to go.  It is essential for you to have a USB data cable, not a USB power or charging cable.  You can test it with the conventional EOS Utility 3, which is used to connect your camera to computer for downloading images.  The regular EOS Utility can also be used to control the camera remotely, which is similar to what the EOS Webcam Utility does.

Does your camera connect to your PC when you are running the regular EOS Utility?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I this part of the installation instructions tells you how to use it in “free” mode.

2AF23D03-3617-4DBB-9295-C99C5A1D2EC6.jpeg

Thank you for trying to help. No luck. There is no other option but EOS Webcam Utility Pro...

EOS Webcam Utility is not an option to select for download. Does that mean EOS Webcam Utility Pro is the only software available for me to be able to use my EOS Rebel T7 as a webcam? Do I really have to pay a subscription to use my Canon camera as a webcam? 

If there is an alternative, please let me know. 

Sincerely, 

Tortue

@Tortue wrote:

Thank you for trying to help. No luck. There is no other option but EOS Webcam Utility Pro...

EOS Webcam Utility is not an option to select for download. Does that mean EOS Webcam Utility Pro is the only software available for me to be able to use my EOS Rebel T7 as a webcam? Do I really have to pay a subscription to use my Canon camera as a webcam? 

If there is an alternative, please let me know. 

Sincerely, 

Tortue

Did you read the “Download Details” carefully?  Read it again.  There is only one app to download.  The app seems to have two operating modes.  

You need to select the appropriate camera, not download a different app.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements