cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel XS 'Busy'/'The Camera Failed Capturing an Image'

bme002
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm hoping that I can get some help with an issue that I'm having with one of our cameras. We are getting an error on the computer screen of 'The Camera Failed Capturing an Image', and if I unplug the camera, the camera will say 'Busy' if I were to try to take a picture. This is a Canon EOS Rebel XS with the base lense (EFS 18-55 mm) and it is hooked up to a computer in order to take Photo ID pictures at a college. We are using inPhoto ID SLR to take the pictures. The camera is on Auto Focus with the Image Stabilizer off.  All settings that I've managed to find are equal to the other two cameras that we have (which are working perfectly). 

Some of the trouble shooting that I've done already include:

1. Trying a different camera using the same cord and it worked.

2. Trying this camera on a different station and I got the same error.

3. Taking the battery out and putting it back in.

4. Taking the lense off and cleaning all necessary parts.

5. Trying a different lense on the same camera.

6. Ensuring all plugs are in correctly.

7. Chaning the light settings in the room.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Is there more information I can provide for you?

4 REPLIES 4

Mykolas
Authority

Hi bme002!

Thanks for posting.

If you connect the camera and use EOS Utility to remotely operate the camera from your computer, does it capture an image from the camera successfully?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

bme002
Apprentice
Mike,

We don't have the EOS Utility loaded, but I'm having IT put it on today. I'm not sure it's the utility though as other cameras are working on this station with the same utility.

Thanks!

Brandon

bme002
Apprentice
Just as a follow up, I just got off the phone with Tech Support. They told me there are no additional steps and that it needs to be sent in for service. If anyone else has any suggestions that would be great.

It does sound like there is something wrong with the Rebel.  EOSU will not help or fix it.  Neither will cleaning the lens contacts.  Sending it to Canon may not be an option either as a used XS will likely be a cheaper option.  May be time to get a new camera.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements