cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4ti shutter speed problem

nachumama
Apprentice

hello everyone, i have a problem with my 4ti, whenever i press the shutter button it takes forever to take the picture. I have the lens on automatic and so is the mode. still it takes like 5 to 10 seconds to take the pictures. No matter the lighting condition.

4 REPLIES 4

cicopo
Elite

Are you pressing it all the way down in ONE motion? If so that's not the way to do it. Press half way (or assign AF to the rear button as per your manual) to allow the camera to focus on your subject, then press the rest of the way to take the photo. Even though this is the correct procedure there still may be delays because of the way the AF system determines the distance to lock focus on.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

thanks for your reply.... But i've read that it's better to use the viewfinder instead of the lcd screen so the camera can shoot faster. thanks again for your reply.

If it's taking exactly 10 seconds then you probably have the remote trigger option on.  When selected if you trigger by the shutter button instead of a remote it adds a 10 sec delay.  Push the left of the circular selection buttons and check what trigger mode you're in.

You didn't understand my reply. I never mentioned the LCD. My reply is about how you use the AF & shutter button. I also think Skirball's answer might be it, & I think you have both a 2 sec & 10 sec delay that can be set so make sure you haven't accidently set it to timer mode. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements