cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

r5 lost images

r5user
Apprentice

I have had the R5 and same Ascend CFexpress card for over a year.  It worked fine.  Over the last couple of weeks I have started to lose photos.  I know they recorded, because I could view them on my camera and could scroll back through all of them.  Multiple times, when I try to view them on my computer, they are lost.  When I put the card back into the camera, they are gone.  Earlier photos are still able to be seen, so not all photos are missing or deleted.  What is going on?

3 REPLIES 3

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Have you tried using a different CF Express card instead. Does the other card slot exhibit this problem too. Is the camera set to record to both cards simultaneously. If so are the missing pictures on that card.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

It has also failed the same way with a Sandisk CFexpress.  I only use the CFexpress card, so no SD card is ever used.

Do you format the CF cards before first use in the camera.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements