cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon 7D

pointmtn
Apprentice

I have a Canon 7D it is new and every time I take a picture in any light setting it will flash. What have I got set wrong?

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Go into the menu and Clear all settings.  Also Clear all custom settings.

You have a 7D so avoid the "green square".  This camera is too good to simply use the "green square" !

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

JoeN
Contributor
Do you have a manual? I don't have mine anymore or I would look it up but look at the section on flash and you should find instructions on how to set it up. I rarely used Auto or Program modes so I don't remember exactly how it works but if you use those modes you are allowing the camera to make all the exposure decisions and apparently it is sensing low light levels requiring flash. You need to move to Av, TV, or M modes to gain more control of the flash. I don't remember how the fill flash is set up but it may be that you have that function turned on. I wish I could be more help but it has been a long time since I used the onboard flash on my camera. If you don't have a manual you can download a copy. The manual is your friend so keep it close by as you are learning to use your camera.
Joe

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Normally if you raise the pop-up flash it tells the camera that you actually WANT to use it (so it will) are you raising the flash or is it popping up on it's own?

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements