cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adapter ac-e6 is not working

levon
Apprentice

I own an EOS 5d markii. I don't use much except travel time. I purchased an original Canon 8v adapter (ac-e6) when I purchased the camera several years ago. I used once and it did work then. Now it doesn't. I want to use the camera in video. I got mad.. and purchased a new non-Canon adapter (btw it was $15  shipping incl from china).  It still doesn't work. I would love to hear your opinion and suggestions what to do. btw I am missing the lid piece for the battery dept since I always use the unit with the original Canon battery grip bg-e6. I might have misplaced it in the house. but I doubt that is a factor. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Levon,

Sorry to hear the adapter is not powering the camera.  Try removing the coupler from the camera and cleaning the contacts with a soft microfiber cloth to ensure there is a good connection between them and the camera.  If this does not work, try also replacing the coupler. 

You mentioned that you tried other adapters, but have you tried your AC-E6 with a new DR-E6 coupler?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements