cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Box on Screen Please Help

Susie
Contributor

Hi all I can't get the small white box OFF my video screen.  Closest info I could find said something about face detection.  I don't want my camera in Manual Mode.  I will appreciate ANY HELP.

12 REPLIES 12

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Sometimes it helps to flip the Auto-manual focus switch on the lens to manual focus, but then of course, you have to focus manually.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Susie wrote:

Hi all I can't get the small white box OFF my video screen.  Closest info I could find said something about face detection.  I don't want my camera in Manual Mode.  I will appreciate ANY HELP.

Which camera are you using?  Some have clean HDMI output, but most bodies do not.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Rebel T6

@Susie wrote:

Rebel T6

You have a bare bones, entry level camera.  Your camera is not capable of AF tracking in video modes.  If you want the camera to refocus, then you will see a white box, and you must press the shutter button.

Lol- I know it's an entry level camera but I'm struggling enough learning so much new stuff.  I needed a simple camera.  Learning it, and Movavi video editing software, YT, etc..  I've think I've aged 10 years in the past month!  

Have you tried resetting all your settings to default values through the settings menu?

I watched some YT video tutorials for the Rebel T6 & set it for whatever they would have recommended.  My guesses would be a shot in the dark at best-lol.  Since I'm such a novice & trying to learn all this stuff,  I'm trying to stay in AF mode until I get more comfortable w/ith it & get my first YT video out.

@Susie wrote:

I watched some YT video tutorials for the Rebel T6 & set it for whatever they would have recommended.  My guesses would be a shot in the dark at best-lol.  Since I'm such a novice & trying to learn all this stuff,  I'm trying to stay in AF mode until I get more comfortable w/ith it & get my first YT video out.

If you put the camera into movie mode, and hit record, it will record clean video.

Wadd- That I learned working in Movavi editing my video.  I've put up (and taken down) 3 short videos so far in the last 2 weeks.  I keep taking it down to tweak it, as I tend to jump the gun. Being a perfectionist is NOT a good thing- lol.   This Thursday or Friday FUR SURE! (unless my computer blows up or Microsoft needs to do another ill-fated update!

Announcements