cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird lines on my Canon EOS R

Ctheophin
Apprentice

Weird lines suddenly appeared on my Canon EOS R camera display, making it look like a bad TV. And after doing a shoot it also appeared in the final videos and photos. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Attached screenshots of the video footage belowScreenshot 2024-08-28 at 8.41.03 AM.jpgScreenshot 2024-08-28 at 8.57.34 AM.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

ctitanic
Rising Star

Do you see the lines when shooting outdoor or good light?

It seems to me that those lines are relative to the use of high ISO because of the poor lighting conditions. Also the light source can cause banding.

Frank
Gear: Canon EOS R6 Mark I, Canon 5D Mark III, EF100-400 L II, EF70-200 f2.8 II, RF50 and few other lenses.
Flickr, Blog: Click Fanatic.

Yeah it’s consistent in all lighting conditions. 

Could you show us a picture taken outdoor and also post the ISO used, Aperture used, and Shutter Speed used, please?

Frank
Gear: Canon EOS R6 Mark I, Canon 5D Mark III, EF100-400 L II, EF70-200 f2.8 II, RF50 and few other lenses.

347A7899.jpg

 1/800 f7.1 ISO: 100

Thanks Ctheophin. Wow, is your camera under warranty? I think that you must send it to Canon because at this point it seems to me that you have a bad sensor there.

Frank

Yeah, I don't believe so, I had it for over 4 years now. I hope it's not too expensive to replace a sensor or I'll just be better off buying another EOS R

Announcements