cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Error and the camera turns off

Crotonmark30
Contributor

I really hate this camera

The latest failure to operate in shooting HD video. 

After 2-3 minutes of shooting i get the error message:

Press Button to Activate Movie Shooting

I was using a Lexmark 400x Class 10 card and yesterday upgraded to the SanDisk Extreme Pro 600X card.  I still get this error.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?  It mades video shooting useless if it turns itself off.

Thanks Mark

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi Crotonmark30!

Thank you for your post!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon camera you're using and the exact verbiage of the error messages you're seeing.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

so sorry

The camera is a Canon Rebel T4i

I can only tell you the a yellow dot comes on the live view screen and the video recording stops

The message is press <the movie camera icon> to record video

The camera has has teh DB board relaced

the camera flash doesnt pop up

Mark

Crotonmark30,

A card can be rated to write at certain speeds, like 90 MB/s, but that is almost always not the sustained write speed.  A card can burst write up to that speed, but needs to be able to maintain a constant speed that is high enough to keep up with the camera during video recording.  In this case, the card you use needs to have a sustained video write speed of at least 30 MB/s.  Check with the manufacturer of the card to make sure your card is fast enough.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements