cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is a weird one - EOS 5D Mark III Images Missing from Memory Card

simonphoto
Contributor

I'll keep this as short as I can. Shooting with an old 5D Mark 3. Twice in the last couple days I've taken some shots, looked at them on the back of the camera after taking them, and when I download the card to my computer they're not there????? The shots I took before and after the missing shots are there. What the heck?! How can this even happen?

Let me throw in that I've been shooting professionally for 46 years. Been using digital for over 20. I'm pretty sure I know what I''m doing, but this has me stumped.

Anyone have any ideas? And, yes, I have a battery in my camera, the lens cap is off, and I'm looking through the little viewfinder on the back of the camera. Just tossing that out there in case a Canon Pro asks me the typical type of questions they ask.

3 REPLIES 3

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

When is the last time you formatted the memory card. Also are you using both the CF & SD card slots or just one of them. If your using both card slots how are they configured.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

simonphoto
Contributor

I do use both cards and I format them at the beginning of each shoot. But you did give me an idea. I always just download from the SD card, I didn't think of looking on the CF card. Thanks, I'll see if that works.

Try moving your pictures from the CF Cards to your computer. To see if all of your pictures transfer from from the CF Card to the computer. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements