cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SDK] Using kEdsStateEvent_WillSoonShutDown

bright-shield
Apprentice

Hello Community,

I'm currently developing an active x control for integrating the Canon EOS 700D into our web application, and using the EDSDK 2.14 API. While testing the control, the camera seems to shutdown after a fixed interval. I checked the documentation that the camera should be issuing a notification that it will shut down soon, with the interval remaining. I tried handling it in a callback function patterned from the sample provided in the EDSDK documentation, and tried to catch the kEdsStateEvent_WillSoonShutDown event, but it never seems to get triggered. However, the kEdsStateEvent_Shutdown event seem to get triggered. The documentation mentions that the camera auto shut-off must be enabled to receive the kEdsStateEvent_WillSoonShutDown notification, and I checked the camera has it set to 15s, so I'm expecting the notification to be caught every 15s. And the callback function is set to handle kEdsStateEvent_All. Btw, I'm using C++ for developing the control.

Below is code snippet from the callback function:

switch(inEvent)
{
  case kEdsStateEvent_WillSoonShutDown:
    // try to extend timer -- anything placed here seem to never be called even if the Shutdown event is already triggered.
    break;
  case kEdsStateEvent_Shutdown:
    // clean up objects
    break;
}

I hope someone would be able to help. Thanks very much.

2 REPLIES 2

Skirball
Authority

You're in the wrong forum...  there's not much tech talk here outside of gear.  I'd recommend going over to http://forum.xda-developers.com/ for programming help.

I see. Thanks.
Announcements