cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel t3 - can camera be connected to a laptop to instantly view portraits being taken?

Nasgalii
Apprentice

I want to take portraits with the Canon Rebel T3 and be able to instantly view them with the customer for feed-back and acceptance on a laptop. Is this possible? If possible, what type of HDMI cord would I need to connect the camera to my laptop,

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Nasgalii!

Instead of an HDMI cable, all you need is the provided USB cable to connect the camera to your laptop.  You can then install the bundled software and use EOS Utility to do what is called Remote Shooting.  This allows you to either control the camera from EOS Utility, or shoot with the camera, and have the image transfer directly to your computer as they are taken.  If you do not have the software, you can download it from our website HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Yes, the USB is the way to go.  It is called "therthered" shooting.  At least that is what Lightroom calles it and is my preffered software.  But it is not free like the provided Canon software.

I use this all the time and have do so for years.

It is especially good for shooting groups.  Someone always sneezes, blinks, coughs, looks away and so on.  It is easier to see these distractions on my 17" laptop vs the 3" camera LCD.

In all my Canon years, and there have been many, I have never used the HDMI.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements