cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6i Won't Output 1080

bojangles
Apprentice

Hello all. I'm a streamer and trying to use my T6i as a souped up webcam. I bought an Elgato Camlink, and am able to capture via HDMI. The video however does not come through at 1080 but at like 640. I have the Video size in Cam set to 1080, as well as the setting in the Elgato software. The same issue happens also when trying to capture directly through OBS. Anybody else have this issue? Any Fix? I bought this newer version after seeing other streamers using the T3 as a webcam.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Your T6i is not a video camera.  The HDMI output is a reproduction of the LCD display, not video out.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

lukerob1
Apprentice

I have the same issue with my T6s. However, it WAS working perfectly outputting 1080i through my camlink, then all of a sudden stopped working. Not sure what happened. It was right after I tried using the Canon beta webcam utility for PC but I don't know why that would mess it up.

lukerob1
Apprentice

AHA! FIXED IT. Download the latest Game HD program and install it, then launch it with your Camlink plugged in. Looks like it updates the firmware or something but now it's doing 1080 again! Download it here: https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/downloads

Announcements