cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel 7 color wrong and not crisp

littlesadge
Apprentice

I just upgraded from the rebel 3 to the 7 and I am disappointed.Hoping I didnt make a huge mistake with this purchase. In AUTO mode, photos are not crisp and the color is not accurate. Appears warmer than it really is and photos have a graininess to them. The 3 gave me much clearer, and color accurate photos. I took the new lens from the 7 and used it on the old 3 and the pictures were much better. Any advice?

11 REPLIES 11

It saves exactly the same. I have no idea where you are seeing that funky date, but it is not the file name. If your files begin with an underscore "_", than you might have AdobeRGB selected as a color space instead of sRGB. Not all programs understand AdobeRGB and might cause some of the issues you describe. You set it here:

adobergb.jpg

@littlesadge wrote:
Hi, So on my old camera I'm looking at the file number and this is what it looks like IMG_5736. The new camera saves like this
2017-10-18 11.41.10.
Does that mean something?

I am not certain if the camera can create a name like that.  Maybe, it can.  You can see the actual names in the camera when you play back photos on the LCD screen.  

The EOS Utility can do it as it downloads photos.  But, renaming a file should not not alter the content of the file.  Had you reset the camera back to factory defaults, then you should see file names similar to your older camera, not dates.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements