cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need 4-Digit Code to Transfer Photos

keelo
Apprentice

I just bought a canon camera and I'm trying to set it up to where I can transfer my photos from the camera to the laptop and i'm at the step where I put in my email so it can send me the four digit verification code but for it will not email me so that I can complete this process and I can't move my photos

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

It would help to know that model camera you have and what kind of computer you are using.   Also, is all you want to do is to transfer the photos to the computer?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

normadel
Authority
Authority

How are you trying to transfer?  By WiFi?

A simpler way to transfer from camera to computer is via a USB cable. Or, take out the SD card and put it in a USB adapter to plug into the computer.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

What Trevor asked...camera model? I remove the memory card from my T7 and insert it in a slot on the side of my laptop. I used a card reader for a long time...then I discovered the card slot!

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@keelo wrote:

I just bought a canon camera and I'm trying to set it up to where I can transfer my photos from the camera to the laptop and i'm at the step where I put in my email so it can send me the four digit verification code but for it will not email me so that I can complete this process and I can't move my photos

As previously noted, there are alternative means to import photos from the camera.

As for your issue regarding email, I can only suggest that you carefully double check that you have entered the email correctly.  Copying and pasting it from somewhere works best for me.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@keelo,

What Camera model are you using?

I'm trying to figure out which Canon app he's using that is requesting an email or code for image transfer (Camera to Computer).  What cloud service is involved here?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements