cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual ISO not working

ashleyg
Apprentice

Hello! I have a Rebel T5. I am not sure what happened but some time ago the manual mode ISO stopped working properly (at least, that is what seems to be going on). I have experience with manual mode so it seems it is not just user error. The image is really dark despite settings that should be appropriate for lighting. I just tried setting to Auto ISO while in manual mode and results are the same. Other modes work fine. Any insight much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Try resetting the camera.  See page 190 of the User Manual.

Go to the right-most wrench menu in settings, select 'Clear settings' and then 'Clear all camera settings'.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Try resetting the camera.  See page 190 of the User Manual.

Go to the right-most wrench menu in settings, select 'Clear settings' and then 'Clear all camera settings'.

--
Ricky

Thank you, Ricky! I thought that I had done this already to no avail, but just realized that each setting has its own menu, so perhaps I cleared settings on a different mode other than manual. Anyway, it worked! Bummed that so much time has passed without it working - I really prefer shooting in manual so it has largely kept me from shooting. But thrilled it is working again! 🙂 🙂

Great! Glad that fixed the issue.

--
Ricky

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@ashleyg wrote:

Hello! I have a Rebel T5. I am not sure what happened but some time ago the manual mode ISO stopped working properly (at least, that is what seems to be going on). I have experience with manual mode so it seems it is not just user error. The image is really dark despite settings that should be appropriate for lighting. I just tried setting to Auto ISO while in manual mode and results are the same. Other modes work fine. Any insight much appreciated!

Do try to reset the camera.  I assume that you are using the OVF, the Optical Viewfinder, not Live View.

What are your exposure settings for the dark photos compared to the good photos?  What is the Shutter Speed, Aperture, and ISO for the good photos?  Have you tried to enter those same values in Manual Mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements