cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to upgrade.

Photoluvr
Contributor
Currently own a t3i and looking to upgrade. I love to photograph nature, landscapes, birds. Considering the t6s or the tried and true EOS 7d. Helpful comments would be appreciated . Thank you!
22 REPLIES 22

Why would neither camera impress me? I would love to purchase one of Canons top of the line cameras but don't have $6000 quite yet. Lol!

JoeN
Contributor

You didn't mention budget.  I haven't read much about the new T6s though I am sure they are great cameras.  However, if you are shooting birds, especially birds in flight, you will benefit from the improved autofocus of the 7D.  If you have the budget the 7DII seems to be an improvement over the 7D but the 7D is still a great camera and if you are willing to buy refurbished you can save some more money.

Joe

On BandH the 7d is on sale for $999..$150 more than the 6Ts. I can afford either. Where I get confused is the low ISO settings on the 7d. Also, when shooting video (albeit I don't do much on my camera) it doesn't have AF where the 6Ts does. However, I am really impressed with its speed and 8 fps. Confusingl!
Announcements