cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help] Err 70 when transferring files to PC (Brand new Canon 700D)

Scott101
Apprentice

Hey guys & gals,

I've recently purchased a Canon 700D, and when I try and transfer files from it to the PC, it sometimes comes up with a Err 70 and stops transferring. This seems to happen especially when the files are large.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, do you know if there is there any way around/to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What version of Windows are you using on your PC?

For transfering your photos/videos, are you connecting the camera with the supplied USB cable to your computer?  If your computer has multiple USB ports, have you tried different ports?  I would definitely connect the cable to one of the main ports on the computer's body itself (versus plugging it into say a keyboard that happens to have a USB port).

Does your PC have an SD card slot?  If so, see if that would allow for transfers without those errors.  Dedicated SD card readers are also fairly inexpensive.  Yet they will also connect via a USB cable to your computer.  So if your USB ports are going bad, a reader wouldn't help.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I have a T7 and, so far, have had no problems downloading photos to a Dell laptop. I used a cord then went to a card reader and discovered a card slot in the laptop. Will be monitoring this for the info and solutions.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

@Scott101 wrote:

Hey guys & gals,

I've recently purchased a Canon 700D, and when I try and transfer files from it to the PC, it sometimes comes up with a Err 70 and stops transferring. This seems to happen especially when the files are large.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, do you know if there is there any way around/to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Why not simply remove the card from your camera, use a USB (or built-in card reader in the computer) and copy the files that way?  It will be faster, not use your camera battery and far more reliable.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements